1.- Purpose and Organising Body
With the purpose of disseminating scientific knowledge related to antihistamine treatments, FAES FARMA, S.A. (hereinafter, “FAES”), with registered office at Avda. Autonomía, 10, 48940-Leioa Bizkaia (Spain) will launch a sales promotion through a competition, “Bilastine Real Word Clinical Cases Challenge” (hereinafter, the “Competition”), to be hosted at the microsite www.bilastine.com regulated under the following Terms & Conditions (hereinafter, the “Terms & Conditions”).
2.- Free of Charge
This promotion will be free of charge. To opt for the Prizes, there will be no additional costs or fees.
3.- Territorial Scope
The Competition is open worldwide with exclusive online entry via the webpage www.bilastine.com.
4.- Promotion Period
This promotion starts in June 2020 and ends on 1st December 2020.
5.- Eligibility Criteria
Anyone over 18 who is a practising doctor with a degree in any speciality and medical interns of any year (hereinafter, the “Professionals”) are eligible to enter this Competition.
6.- How the Promotion Works
To take part in the Competition and be eligible for the Prizes mentioned in section 7, the Professionals must submit one or several clinical cases describing real clinical cases where patients have received antihistamine treatment, and include a description of the pathology, impact on the patients’ quality of life, different treatments prescribed and result of the treatment. Under no circumstances will patients’ identity or any personal data which may lead to their identification be revealed.
The Professionals may submit as many clinical cases as they wish. Nevertheless, any clinical case which has already been disseminated or is in the process of publication in any scientific journal (or similar) cannot be submitted to the Competition.
Pursuant to the provisions of section 10 herein, FAES may disseminate or publish papers related to any clinical case submitted to this Competition, in scientific or other journals, among others.
To be eligible for the Competition, Professionals must submit their clinical cases before 30th June 2020.
6.2. The Jury
Prizes will be awarded to participants in this Competition (hereinafter, the “Participants”) by an independent Jury comprising three (3) members: two doctors and one pharmacologist.
For transparency purposes and to ensure Jury members are not biased in any way, each clinical case will be assigned a code to prevent the Jury from learning the identity of the Participants.
7.1. Description of Prizes
A total of three (3) prizes (hereinafter, the “Prizes”, and individually, the “Prize”) will be awarded and each Prize will consist of:
- First Prize: the winner will be awarded free registration with the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (“EAACI”) 2021 Congress; a (1) flight ticket to Madrid (Spain); and hotel accommodation for three (3) nights.
Flight Terms & Conditions: the flight ticket (taxes and other fees included) awarded under this Prize will be worth five hundred euros (€500) maximum. This Prize includes: one (1) flight to travel from any European country in tourist class or equivalent. Should the Prize winner reside outside Europe, FAES will pay five hundred euros (€500) towards the winner’s purchase of a (1) flight to Madrid (Spain). Likewise, in the event of the Prize winner being a European resident who would like a flight from any European country in a class other than tourist, and the total price (taxes and fees included) exceeds five hundred euros (€500): the winner will purchase the flight and FAES will pay five hundred euros (€500) maximum; with the winner paying the difference up to the total flight cost. In both cases where the winner can purchase the flight himself/herself, a payment receipt for the flight must be sent to FAES, so FAES can pay the five hundred euros (€500). FAES will not meet any costs unless the winner provides the corresponding payment receipt.
FAES will handle registrations for the EAACI conference, flights (except those stated in the foregoing section), as well as hotel accommodation.
Hotel accommodation conditions: Hotel accommodation for one (1) person in a single room, excluding breakfast and any other service which must be met by the winner. The hotel, located near the EAACI conference venue, will be chosen by FAES.
- Second Prize: the winner will be awarded free registration with the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (“EAACI”) 2021 Congress; and hotel accommodation for three (3) nights.
Hotel accommodation: Hotel accommodation for one (1) person in a single room, excluding breakfast and any other service which must be met by the winner. The hotel, located near the EAACI conference venue, will be chosen by FAES.
FAES will handle registrations for the EAACI conference, as well as hotel accommodation.
- Third Prize: the winner will be awarded free registration with the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (“EAACI”) 2021 Congress; or, alternatively, a Regional or National congress held in Spain.
Alternative congress: The winner may choose a free registration for the EAACI 2021 conference, or for a Regional or National Allergology congress held in Spain. The registration fee for a Regional or National congress must be equal to or less than the registration fee for the EAACI 2021 congress.
FAES will handle said registration.
7.2. Prize Conditions
Prizes will not include any cost not specified in section 7.1. For clarification purposes, Prizes will not include expenses, or any costs incurred in relation to the EACCI 2021 conference attendance.
To this effect, Prize winners will provide FAES with any information and data necessary to facilitate swift Prize handling.
Prizes are not subject to any modifications, changes or compensation whatsoever.
Prizes are not transferable to anyone else.
Moreover, winners may reject the Prizes awarded. However, no alternative prize will be offered in any event, and such rejection will not give rise to compensation or indemnity of any kind.
8.- Prize Winners
The members of the Jury will select three (3) winning Participants out of all the clinical cases entered in the Competition and pursuant to the legal Terms & Conditions for the third, second and first positions, based on medical and clinical criteria. Whereby the Participant who comes first will be awarded the first Prize; the one coming in second position will be awarded the second Prize; and the one coming in third position will be awarded the third Prize.
9.- Notification of Winners and Awards
Winning Participants will be emailed to inform them of such event, their position and corresponding Prize. Winners must contact FAES and confirm their details within ten (10) calendar days from the date of notification reception. Should a winner fail to claim his/her Prize within the agreed period, they will lose their right to receive the Prize.
Winners will receive their Prizes by email, or any other means decided by FAES.
Winners must meet all the requirements set out in these Terms & Conditions to receive a Prize.
10.- Use of clinical cases by FAES
On taking part in the Competition, Participants exclusively transfer any Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) free of charge which may arise from the clinical cases entered in the Competition to FAES. Such IPRs expressly include the rights of copy, transformation, distribution and communication to the public. FAES will own the aforementioned IPRs throughout the legal duration thereof, within the legal jurisdiction of the countries where such protection applies. Notwithstanding the foregoing, FAES acknowledges and observes the moral rights of the author/authors of the clinical cases.
Due to the foreseen transfer of IPRs, FAES may use any information contained in clinical cases entered in the Competition as deemed appropriate, regardless of whether a prize may have been awarded, and including publication and outreach thereof in any media.
11.- FAES Rights and Powers
Pursuant to applicable legislation, FAES and any company associated with this application and/or the Competition:
- Reserves the right to cancel, terminate, amend these Terms & Conditions, or cancel the Competition, partially or wholly, without prior notice and without any obligation or liability whatsoever incurred as a result thereof; even if for any reason, the Competition cannot be held as planned due to a technical failure, computer virus, forcing, fraud or security or administration breach of the Competition, or causes beyond their control;
- Will not respond to any queries regarding the reception of results from taking part in the Competition or status of any application;
- Will not admit any liability related to incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete data regardless of whether this is due to website users or attributable to any Competition team related to or used in the Competition; nor will it accept any liability whatsoever in relation to technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, loss of network connection, failed computer transmissions or any other type of malfunctioning during the Competition; furthermore
- Will not assume any liability due to errors, omissions, corruption, interruption, deletion, default, delays in operation or transmission, communication line failures, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of the information submitted to enter the Competition; or any failure or technical fault in telephone lines or networks, online connection systems, servers, computer equipment, software, failed emails sent due to failures related to technical issues or email accounts; human error, Internet traffic or website congestion, or any combination thereof; including any fault or damage to the Participant’s or any other person’s computer regarding or derived from taking part in or downloading any Competition material. If, for whatever reason, an application cannot be seen or submitted as planned due to computer viruses or any other type of similar events, forcing, fraud or technical failures, FAES, and any other company associated with this application and/or the Competition, will not accept any liability.
- They reserve the right not to award any Prizes to Participants who act illegally, or enter more than one profile.
- FAES will retain ownership of all IPRs related to this promotion subject to these Terms & Conditions.
12.- Acceptance of Terms & Conditions
FAES reserves the right to resolve any discrepancy or issue derived from this promotion including postponement, amendment or cancellation thereof, in any way it deems most appropriate.
By taking part in this Competition, Participants accept all Terms & Conditions specified herein, and available at www.bilastine.com.
These Terms & Conditions, as well as the Competition, are governed by Spanish Law.
Neither FAES, nor any company associated with this promotion and/or the Competition, accept any liability regarding any possible loss, damage, theft, delay or any other event attributable to third parties or the Internet which may affect / or be the result of using this application and/or taking part in the Competition.
By taking part in this promotion, each Participant (and guest, if applicable) hereby consents – in its widest legal interpretation- to exempt and hold FAES and any company associated with this promotion and/or the Competition harmless from any direct or indirect claim and/or consequential damage derived from or associated with taking part in the Competition and using any Prizes (if awarded), and expressly against any damage and loss FAES or any company associated with this promotion and/or the Competition may incur due to the use of clinical cases entered in this Competition.
Furthermore, FAES, and any other company associated with this promotion and/or the Competition, do not guarantee the availability, continuity or infallibility of operation of the microsite www.bilastine.com. Therefore, participation in the Competition implies express accepting, to the utmost extent admitted under applicable legislation, the general waiver of liability for damages and loss of any kind which may be due to the lack of availability, continuity or malfunction of the website, and may affect or prevent participation in and normal operation of this promotion, as well as incorrect transmission of contents or participation.